Problem closure and custom incident state field
As per our customer requirements, we had to create a custom state field on the incident form, in order to be able to add custom states. It works well and we can easily drive the OOTB state using BR. However when it comes to related problem closure, the incident OOTB state is being updated in the background and BR won’t trigger, which make it impossible to update the custom state to “Resolved”. As a result we have a resolved incident with custom state showing “Awaiting Problem”.
Maybe change your BR order to a higher value, like 999? So it runs after the automatic OOTB Problem BR?
I tried, but it is not working. As far as the Incident is updated in the background when the Problem is resolved, I believe that BR are not triggered on the Incident table.
Oh, you’re using the built-in Parent field. I created my own reference fields to avoid these issues with being unable to control how the OOB Parent field works.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Need help with Express?Get answers from Express
users and experts Ask a question
- Resolved incidents are not reactivating when comments are added by the customer
- Possibility of auto population of user details on the form variables
- How to raise incident to Servicenow Customer Support team ?
- How to reopen a closed request
- Customers cannot see in My Requests the detail what they raised.