Notifications not sending externally outside of the comany
Having trouble with notifications coming from ServiceNow not being able to send to emails outside of our company. For example, if I add an email address email@example.com to one of our technicians profile, this person does not get the email. Notifications only work internally with the email addresses being a part of our domain.
If you type email_log.list in your navigation bar, and browse the list, can you see the notifications getting triggered?
If not, check if that Users Primary Email is enabled by browsing to cmn_notif_device.list, finding the Primary Email record for that User, and make sure Active = True
Look at one of the emails you do receive from the system, specifically at the full headers. The ServiceNow system for some inexplicable reason includes headers that tag the emails as autogenerated, spam, etc. and this can cause the external system to block the emails. We had this problem when trying to get ServiceNow to send emails to Zendesk.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Need help with Express?Get answers from Express
users and experts Ask a question
- Resolved incidents are not reactivating when comments are added by the customer
- Possibility of auto population of user details on the form variables
- How to raise incident to Servicenow Customer Support team ?
- How to reopen a closed request
- Customers cannot see in My Requests the detail what they raised.