Deleting Views from Form Design

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Jesse Walter 4 months, 1 week ago.

• Is there a way to delete custom views from the Form Design page? I accidentally created a couple of views that I no longer wish to have, and they just muddy up the drop down when I’m trying to manage the others. I can’t seem to find any function that allows me to delete views.

• Hi Jesse, haven’t tried it myself but there is a sys_ui_view table.

Delete/Disable Views from Table

• Just remember that views are referenced in multiple places.  I don’t really know what happens if you delete a view that is being used somewhere you forgot about.  I recommend creating a test view, assign it to a few things (forms, lists, modules, etc), then delete it and see what happens.

• Perfect, thanks! This was exactly what I was looking for. Is there a way to get to the UI Views (or other classes) without having to know the actual table name? I got there (per the linked article) by entering sys_ui_view.list in the navigator search field. Sorry if this is a noob question, but where can I go to see a list of all table names and their subsequent list views?

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  Jesse Walter.
  • Jesse,

[tablename].list in the navigator always returns the list view of the given table.

For example incident.list will be a list of incidents.

When you go to manage table module and pick a table, the name of the collection record is the name of the table (not label).

Here is a list of useful tables we’ve compiled: https://www.pericror.com/servicenow/useful-hidden-tables-in-servicenow-express/

• I find erm4sn.com to be extremely useful.  You can do a google search like “erm4sn UI view” and find the table and all the fields and their properties.

As for how to get to something like this more easily than remembering the table name, just create a module on your navigator.  Set it to “URL from arguments” and put sys_ui_view_list.do in as the arguments.  This syntax is a little different from typing into the search bar.  For example, if typing into the search bar “incident.list” gets you where you want to go, then the module would need to be incident_list.do

• Pericror, thank you for that link. Anyone else looking, I grabbed sys_db_object.list from Pericror’s site to show all available tables. The world has just opened up to me! 🙂

And thank you, Paul, I’ll be checking out that site/application as well! I really appreciate it, community!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.